Manfrotto 161MK2B Black Super Studio Pro Tripod
Get Manfrotto 161MK2B Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized Internet etailer for Manfrotto
and Many Other Fine Brands!
The Manfrotto 161MK2B replaces the 3258 and 3058 Super Studio Pro Tripods. The Manfrotto Studio Pro Tripod range has been specifically designed to hold shooting equipment that is bulky and heavy such as SLRs equipped with long tele lenses, and medium format or large format cameras. The tallest tripod in the range, the Manfrotto Super Pro tripod is capable of providing a stable platform for cameras up to 44 pounds at a maximum height of 8.8 feet! On the other hand this giant is also capable of a minimum height of just 17.3 inches.
Geared column mechanism
To provide the accuracy and capability needed to support and put into position cameras weighing up to 44 pounds, the tripod has a center column made of an anti-rollback three-faceted tube controlled by a self-locking gear mechanism; legs made of a combination of extruded and electric welded aluminum tubes; a reinforced die casting aluminum top spider; and an adjustable mid-level spreader system. The legs are braced using telescopic struts for maximum rigidity. This also provides the ability to have individually adjustable and lockable leg angles. Rubber feet with retractable spiked feet and level are standard equipment. Ideal for all large format cameras.
Manfrotto 161MK2B Black Super Studio Pro Tripod Key Features
- Anti-Slip Geared Column
- To provide the accuracy and capability needed to support and put into position cameras weighing up to 44 pounds, the tripod has a center column made of an anti-rollback three-faceted tube controlled by a self-locking gear mechanism. The geared center column allows safe, precise height adjustment even under heavy loads.
- Broad Working Height Range
- The Manfrotto Super Pro tripod is capable of providing a stable platform for cameras up to 44 pounds at a maximum height of 8.8 feet, while it is also capable of a minimum height of just 17.3 inches.
Each leg angle can be independently set with the mid-level spreader
- Foldaway Handle Avoids Damage In Transport
- The central geared column mechanism lever can be folded away during transportation.
- Mid Level Spreader Allows Each Leg Angle to be Independently Set
- The built-in mid-level spreader adds anti-torsional rigidity and stops the tripod legs from accidentally being knocked wider apart. Compared to a ground-level spreader or dolly, the mid-level spreader has the advantage that it stays well out of the mud and dirt and is more suitable for use on uneven terrain. Each of the legs can be set to a different angle of spread for more flexible, versatile positioning and to help keep camera equipment well-balanced over the tripod's center of gravity.
- Locking Knob Leg Locks
- Wing nut leg locks give total control over locking force and are so easy to service out in the field that they'll never let you down.
- Built-in Bubble Level
- The built-in, carefully hand-set bubble spirit level helps make sure your horizons really are horizontal.
Mobile junction ring
- Sturdy All-Metal Construction
- Anodized aluminum construction.
- Mobile Junction Ring For Fast Tripod Setup
- Mobile junction ring lockable in any position along the center column for fast tripod setup.
- Rubber Feet With Retractable Spikes
- All-terrain retractable spiked feet in rust-free stainless steel are incorporated into the tripod. Retractable spiked feet mean you can use this both outdoors (with the spike extended for better grip on soft terrain, moss, plants, etc.) and indoors on delicate floor surfaces (with the rubber foot covering the spike to avoid damage and give more stable non-slip support).
- Anti-Rotation Tubing and Leg Collars
- Anti-rotation tubing and leg collars make for a tripod that's easier and faster to open, position and close. Small protrusions down the length of the tube keep sections perfectly aligned.
- Solid Tripod/Head Plate With 3/8-inch Screw Camera Mount
- The solid tripod/head plate has an industry standard 3/8-inch screw and three angled grub screws which stop the head from unscrewing accidentally in use and also block unwanted panoramic rotation or play between tripod and head.
161MK2B Black Super Studio Pro Tripod Specifications
- Still Photography, Video
- Black Anodized Aluminum
- Maximum Height With Extended Center Column
- 105.1 inches (267.0 cm)
- Maximum Height With Center Column Down
- 95.3 inches (242.0 cm)
- Minimum Height
- 17.3 inches (44.0 cm)
- Closed Length
- 41.3 inches (105.0 cm)
- Center Column Type
- Leg Sections
- Leg Diameters
- 40, 35, 30 mm
- Foot Type
- Rubber feet with retractable steel spike
- Head Mount
- 3/8-inch threaded mount
- Mid level - variable arm length with "click stop" set positions
- Maximum Load Capacity
- 44.1 lbs. (20.0 kg)
- 17.5 lbs. (7.95 kg)