Metz mecablitz 15 MS-1 Flash Unit
Get Metz 15 MS-1 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized Internet etailer for Metz
and Many Other Fine Brands!
The camera flash covered with masked IR clips offers completely wireless control of the mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital.
A world first! The mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital, a completely redesigned, wireless Metz macro-flash, is equipped with two individually-controllable, swiveling reflectors integrated in the housing. The ring-form macro-flash thus ensures balanced and precise lighting and also maximizes the scope for customizing light arrays in the macro area. With its individually variable reflectors (0°-20°) and the highly sensitive light distribution, there are no limits to personal creativity. It is easy to set light accents that are appropriate for each theme.
This creativity is achieved with maximum ease, because the Metz mecablitz 15 MS-1 digitally regulates light through the automatic wireless TTL*, which provides reliable and precise lighting. There clear dot-matrix display makes the mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital even easier to use. If you are looking for even greater scope for creativity, the manual control facility of the mecablitz 15 MS-1 enables you to vary the amount of light emitted, with six levels of light output. Space-saving internal (rechargeable) batteries provide efficient power supply.
The Metz mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital is compatible with all camera manufacturers, including Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax und Sony-Alpha. Even if the camera has no built-in flash, manual flash mode is possible via sync cable.
Metz mecablitz 15 MS-1 Flash Key Features
- Maximum Guide Number Of 49 (ft) / 15 (m)
- High maximum guide number of 49 (ft) / 15 (m) at ISO 100/21°C and 50 mm focal length.
- Versatile Macro Flash With TTL, Slave And Manual Function
- Remote TTL flash operation of the mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital is available for digital cameras of the following makes: Canon, Nikon, Olympus/Panasonic, Pentax/Samsung and Sony-Alpha. In this case, the camera must either have an integrated flash unit acting as master, or be equipped with add-on flash (e.g. Metz 58 AF-1 digital). In slave mode, the mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital is also suitable for nearly all other makes of camera. Manual flash operation can be carried out via a synchronous cable.
The 15 MS-1 operates as slave flash unit in the following operating modes: E-TTL remote flash mode (Canon), i-TTL remote flash mode (Nikon / Fujifilm), P-TTL remote flash mode (Pentax / Samsung), Four-Thirds TTL remote flash mode (Olympus / Panasonic / Leica) and ADI remote flash mode (Sony Alpha).
- Self-Learning Slave Mode
- Thanks to its self-learning slave mode. the Metz mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital flash unit can adapt itself optimally to the camera. This ensures that this compact slave flash unit can always be fired by the flash integrated in the camera, even if it operates with a metering pre-flash. The Learn Function enables individual automatic adjustment of the slave flash unit to the flash technology of the camera's flash unit. In the process, one or more pre-flashes, e.g. to reduce the red-eye effect of the camera flash unit can be taken into account. The slave flash unit is then fired to coincide with the main flash that illuminates the actual picture..
- Individually Adjustable (0 Degrees, 10 Degrees, 20 Degrees) Two Reflector System
- There are no limits to personal creativity thanks to the individually-adjustable reflectors and the associated finely-calibrated light-distribution. Both the reflectors can be swivelled individually. To swivel the reflectors, press the reflector swivel lever forwards in steps. In the first indexed position, the reflector is swivelled inward 10 degrees, at the second position the reflector is swivelled inward 20 degrees.
- Included Infrared Clamp
- The camera's own flash light can be covered with the included infrared clamp. The infrared clamp allows the control impulses through, but holds back the flash light, which can cast shadows caused by the housing of mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital.
- Six Levels Of Light Output
- 8:1, 4:1, 2:1, 1:1, 1:2, 1:4, 1:8
- Dot Matrix Display
- An intuitive, attractive DOT matrix display makes the Metz mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital simplicity itself to use.
- Second Shutter Curtain Synchronization (Subject To Camera)
- Some cameras support synchronization with the second shutter curtain (REAR). Thus, the flash unit is not fired until the shutter has closed. This is especially advantageous when lighting with slow shutter speeds (greater than 1/30 second) and moving objects with their own light sources since moving light sources leave behind a trail of light, instead of in the front as with synchronization on the 1st shutter curtain. This results in a more "natural" reproduction of the conditions when the picture was taken for moving light sources. Depending on the operating mode, the camera triggers slower shutter speeds than the flash sync speed.
- Slow Synchronization (SLOW)
- SLOW lighting brings the picture background into stronger focus with weak ambient lighting. This is achieved by the camera shutter speeds that are adjusted to the ambient light. Thus, automatic shutter speeds are automatically triggered that are longer than the flash sync speed (e.g. shutter speeds up to 30 seconds). Slow synchronization is activated automatically on some camera models in connection with certain camera programs (e.g., a night shot program, etc.), or it can be set on the camera (see the camera's operating instructions). No settings are necessary on the flash unit, nor is there any display for this mode.
- Autofocus Auxiliary Light
- The flash unit is equipped with an AF auxiliary light which illuminates the object in dark conditions so that the camera can focus clearly on the object or it can be used as illumination for manual focusing. The AF auxiliary light is switched on with a button and lights up for around 10 seconds. If a picture is taken, the AF auxiliary light switches off immediately and thus does not contribute to the lighting.
- Bounce Diffuser Disc Included
- The bounce diffuser is provided for illuminating objects in close proximity, at distances less than 3.9 inches (10 cm).
- Firmware Updates Via USB Interface
- The mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital flash unit features a USB socket. With this popular PC interface, updates can be made via the Internet at any time, even from home. The flash unit's firmware can be updated through the USB port and adjusted to the technical requirements of future cameras.
- Included Accessories
- 52, 55 and 58 mm adapter rings
- Bouncer diffuser disc
- Infrared clamp
- Belt pouch
- Operating manual
Metz mecablitz 15 MS-1 Specifications
- Flash Output Guide Number
- GN 49 (ft) / GN 15 (m) at ISO 100, 21°C and 50mm focal length
- Power Source
- Two AAA batteries (Alkaline, Lithium, NiMH or NiCad)
- Flash Recovery Time
- 0.3 - 5 seconds, depending on the light output
- Number of Flashes at Full Power:
- Approx 50 with NiCad batteries (250 mAh)
Approx 140 with high performance alkaline-manganese batteries
Approx 200 with NiMH rechargeable batteries (1000 mAh)
Approx 250 with lithium batteries
- Color Temperature
- Approx 5600° K
- Manual Partial Lighting
- P1/1 to P1/64
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx 5.2 x 5.7 x 1.5 inches (133 x 144 x 38 mm)
- Approx 6.7 oz. (190 g) (without batteries)