Metz mecablitz 24 AF-1P Flash Unit
Get Metz 24 AF-1P Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized Internet etailer for Metz
and Many Other Fine Brands!
Beam for AF flash metering
Compact, slim-line and lightweight design, the Metz mecablitz 24AF-1 Digital is currently the smallest Metz system flash unit with a maximum Guide Number of 80 feet (24 meters) at ISO 100 and 35mm. The 24AF-1 Digital is particularly suited to flash novices who are looking for better illumination in their photos than is possible with an integrated camera flash. Thanks to intelligent TTL camera control, the 24AF-1 Digital even makes automatic fill-in flash possible. Additional illumination levels are also possible thanks to the 90-degree adjustable swivel reflector. Flash readiness and exposure levels are displayed on the back of the unit by two LED indicators.
The Metz mecablitz 24 AF-1P is designed specifically for Pentax and Samsung cameras. The 24 AF 1 P digital supports TTL and P-TTL flash control.
Metz mecablitz 24 AF-1P Flash Key Features
- Dedicated Pentax and Samsung Flash Functions Including P-TTL Flash Control
- The compact and powerful Metz 24 AF-1P has been specifically designed for Canon cameras, in particular their EOS digital SLRs and select PowerShot digital cameras. The supported flash functions depend on the specific Canon camera model used. The following dedicated flash functions are supported by the flash unit:
- Flash ready indication in camera viewfinder
- Automatic flash sync speed
- TTL flash control
- E-TTL flash control
- Manual TTL-flash exposure correction*
- Flash exposure storage FE*
- AF auxiliary light control**
- Programmed auto flash mode
- 1st or 2nd curtain synchronization*
- Wake-up function for flash unit
Swivel reflector (vertical)
- Cobra Design
- The mecablitz 24 AF-1P utilizes Metz' modernistic upright Cobra design, which also reduces red eye effect.
- Pivoting Reflector For Indirect Flash Lighting
- The zoom reflector can be swivelled upwards into four locking positions for bounce flashes: 45°, 60°, 75° and 90°.
- Automatic Flash Mode
- A photo-sensor measures the light reflected by the subject and ends the light output as soon as the subject has been correctly lit. In the programmed auto flash mode the camera automatically controls the aperture, the shutter speed, and the mecablitz for optimal results in most photographic situations, including fill-in flash.
- Manual Flash Mode
- Full light output.
- Correct Exposure Indication
- In auto flash mode the "o.k." correct exposure confirmation briefly lights up on the 24 AF-1P when the picture was correctly exposed.
- LED Display
- Flash readiness and exposure levels are displayed on the back of the unit by two LED indicators.
- Flash Ready Indication
- The flash readiness symbol lights up on the mecablitz when the flash capacitor is charged, thereby indicating that flashes can be fired for the next shot. Flash readiness is transmitted to the camera and displayed in the viewfinder (camera dependant, see camera manual).
Metz mecablitz 24 AF-1P Specifications
- Flash Output Guide Number
- GN 80 (ft) / GN 24 (m) (ISO 100/21°C) and 35mm focal length
- Tilt Reflector Range and Locking Positions of Flash Head
- Vertical 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
- Power Sources
- Two AA batteries: alkaline-magnesium or lithium or NiMH rechargeable or NiCad rechargeable
- Recycle Time (at Full Light Output)
- Approximately 5 seconds with high-capacity alkaline manganese batteries
Approximately 6 seconds with NiMH batteries (2100 mAh)
- Number of Flashes (at Full Light Output)
- Approximately 200 with high-capacity alkaline manganese batteries
Approximately 250 with NiMH batteries (2100 mAh)
- Color Temperature
- Approximately 5500° K
- Flash Duration
- 1/500 second - 1/30,000 second
- Approximately 6.4 oz. (182 g) without batteries
- Dimensions(W x H x D)
- Approximately 2.5" x 3.7" x 2.6" (64 x 95 x 67 mm)