Metz mecablitz 36 AF-5S Flash Unit
Get Metz 36 AF-5S Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized Internet etailer for Metz
and Many Other Fine Brands!
Spotlight for AF measurement flash
The mecablitz 36 AF-5S digital scores points with its simple operation. The vertically-tilting swivel reflector affords creative illumination options and bounce flash. Furthermore, the integrated zoom reflector can be manually adjusted to various focal lengths (28 mm, 50 mm and 85 mm). This is an ideal feature as light output can be optimized with only a single simple setting. The flash-readiness indicator (camera dependent) in the view finder also offers helpful additional information. In tricky backlight situations, applications such as fill-in flash (camera dependent) pose no problem for the mecablitz 36 AF-5 digital thanks to its guide number of 118 feet (36 meters).
The Metz mecablitz 36 AF-5S is an updated version of the 36 AF-4S. Also perfectly matched to Sony Alpha digital SLR cameras, as well as analog and digital Konica - Minolta Dynax / Dimage cameras, the 36 AF-5S supports ADI (Advanced Distance Integration) flash control. The 36 AF-5S has a number of other practical special functions, including fill-in flash in daylight (camera dependent) to effectively brighten up dense shadows, and integrated AF measuring beam for effective focusing even under poor light conditions.
Metz mecablitz 36 AF-5S Flash Key Features
- Dedicated Sony Alpha / Konica - Minolta Flash Functions Including TTL Flash Control and ADI (Advanced Distance Integration)
- The compact and powerful Metz 36 AF-5S has been specifically designed for Sony Alpha digital SLRs, as well as analog and digital Konica - Minolta Dynax / Dimage cameras. The supported flash functions depend on the specific camera model used:
- Flash ready indicator in camera viewfinder
- Automatic flash sync speed control
- Automatic flash / triggering control
- TTL flash control (standard TTL without measuring preflash function)
- Pre-flash TTL and ADI metering
- Automatic fill-in flash control
- Manual flash exposure correction with TTL*
- Synchronization to the 1st or 2nd shutter curtain*
- Auto-focus measurement flash control
- Wake-up function for the flash unit
Zoom reflector (28-85 mm)
- Cobra Design
- The mecablitz 36 AF-5S utilizes Metz' modernistic upright Cobra design, which also reduces red eye effect.
- Manually Adjustable Zoom Reflector
- The zoom reflector of the mecablitz 36 AF-5S has four zoom positions for optimal light coverage and adaptation of the guide number to the focal length of the lens:
- 28 mm Wide-angle illumination
- 35 mm Wide-angle illumination
- 50 mm Normal illumination
- 85 mm Tele illumination
- 18mm Wide-Angle Diffuser Included
- Automatic Flash Mode
- A photo-sensor measures the light reflected by the subject and ends the light output as soon as the subject has been correctly lit. In the programmed auto flash mode the camera automatically controls the aperture, the shutter speed, and the mecablitz for optimal results in most photographic situations, including fill-in flash.
- Manual Flash Mode
- Full light output.
- Correct Exposure Indication
- In auto flash mode the "o.k." correct exposure confirmation briefly lights up on the 36 AF-5S when the picture was correctly exposed.
Zoom reflector can be swivelled vertically
- Pivoting Reflector For Indirect Flash Lighting
- The zoom reflector can be swivelled upwards into four locking positions for bounce flashes: 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°.
- Flash Ready Indication
- The flash readiness symbol lights up on the mecablitz when the flash capacitor is charged, thereby indicating that flashes can be fired for the next shot. Flash readiness is transmitted to the camera and displayed in the viewfinder (camera dependant, see camera manual).
Metz mecablitz 36 AF-5S Specifications
- Flash Output Guide Number
- GN 36 (m) / GN 118 (ft) (ISO 100/21°C) and 85mm focal length
GN 30 (m) / GN 98 (ft) (ISO 100/21°C) and 35mm focal length
- Zoom Reflector Positions
- 28 mm, 35 mm, 50 mm, 85 mm
- Tilt Reflector Range and Locking Positions of Flash Head
- Vertical 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°
- Power Sources
- Four AA batteries: Alkaline or NiMH or NiCad rechargeable
- Recycle Time (at Full Light Output)
- approx. 3 seconds with NiCad or Alkaline batteries
- Number of Flashes (at Full Light Output)
- approx. 160 with NiCad batteries (600 mAh)
approx. 450 with high-capacity alkaline batteries
approx. 320 with NiMH batteries (1600 mAh)
- Color Temperature
- 5500° K
- Film Speed
- ISO 25 to ISO 800
- Flash Duration
- 1/500s - 1/30,000s
- Approximately 7.2 oz. (205g) without batteries
- Dimensions(W x H x D)
- Approximately 2.8" x 4.5" x 3.7" (71 x 115 x 95 mm)