Metz mecablitz 44 AF-1S Flash Unit
Get Metz 44 AF-1S Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized Internet etailer for Metz
and Many Other Fine Brands!
With its slim-line design, the Metz mecablitz 44 AF-1 digital is the perfect solution for price-conscious amateur photographers, or as a second flash for professional photographers. The clear control panel on the back of the unit impresses with its simple operation; offering a high level of functional reliability. The high-performance design affords reserve power in any photo situation (maximum guide number of 144 feet at ISO 100 and 105mm). Depending on the camera, it has the appropriate application possibilities for any lighting conditions in TTL mode. The Metz 44 AF-1S digital is the ideal complement to Sony Alpha cameras and digital Konica - Minolta Dynax / Dimage cameras. The 44 AF 1 S digital supports ADI flash coontrol and ADI remote mode (slave operation).
The photographer can manually set up to four partial light levels enabling manipulation of lighting effects. With the appropriate camera model the mecablitz can also be synchronized to the first or second shutter curtain enabling variable options for creative lighting. Depending on the camera, the Metz 44 AF-1 also offers a slave mode, making wireless TTL flash child's play -- and opening up new dimensions in flash photography. Its motor zoom function (24 -105 mm), the fully-swiveling reflector with flip-out reflector card and the integrated wide-angle diffuser (12 mm) afford the photographer additional creative scope.
Metz mecablitz 44 AF-1S Flash Key Features
- Dedicated Sony Alpha Flash Functions Including TTL Flash Control and ADI (Advanced Distance Integration)
- The compact and powerful Metz 44 AF-1S has been specifically designed for Sony Alpha digital SLRs and digital Konica - Minolta Dynax / Dimage cameras. The supported flash functions depend on the specific camera model used:
- Flash-ready indication in camera viewfinder
- Automatic flash sync speed control
- Preflash TTL and ADI metering
- Automatic fill-in flash control
- Manual flash exposure correction
- 1st or 2nd curtain synchronization (REAR)
- Automatic motor zoom control
- Automatic AF measuring beam control
- Automatic flash range indication
- Triggering control (AUTO FLASH)
- Wireless remote flash mode
- Wake-up function for the flash unit
- Guide Number 144 (ft) / 44 (m)
- Guide Number 144 (ft) / Guide Number 44 (m) at ISO 100 at 21°C and 105mm focal length.
Integrated Reflector Card
- Firmware Updates Via USB Interface
- Like its big brother, the 58 AF-1 digital, the 44 AF-1S compact flash unit features a USB socket. With this popular PC interface, updates can be made via the Internet at any time, even from home. The flash unit's firmware can be updated through the USB port and adjusted to the technical requirements of future cameras.
- Swivel and Tilt Reflector For Indirect Flash Lighting
- The main reflector of the flash unit can be swivelled 300° horizontally and tilted vertically for bounce flash. The zoom reflector can be tilted upwards into four locking positions for bounce flashes: 45°, 60°, 75° and 90°.
- Integrated Flip-Open Reflector Card
- The use of bounce flash with the integrated reflector card can bring out highlights in the eyes of human subjects. A reflector card which can be flipped open has been integrated into the 44 AF-1S's vertically-tilting and horizontally-swivelling reflector. In addition, the Metz Bounce Diffuser 58-23 is available as an optional accessory to scatter and diffuse bounce flash lighting.
- Integrated 12mm Wide-Angle Diffuser
- With a similarly-integrated snap-out wide angle lens diffuser, the 44 AF-1 digital can even illuminate wide-angle lens focal lengths from 12mm (35mm format).
- Manual Flash Mode With Four Partial Lighting Levels
- Full light output and partial light output levels of 1/1, 1/2, 1/8 and 1/64 available.
- Simple Operating Interface
- The clear control panel on the back of the unit impresses with its simple operation; offering a high level of functional reliability.
- Sony Wireless Flash System Remote Slave Flash Mode
- The Metz Mecablitz 44 AF-1S flash unit supports Sony wireless Remote System as a slave flash in the Control and Control Plus modes. This means that one or more slave flash units can be controlled remotely from a master or controller flash unit on the camera (e.g. mecablitz 58 AF-1S digital) or from the camera master. Slave flash unit 44AF-1 is always set to all remote channels 1, 2, 3 and 4. The slave flash units must be able to receive light from the master or controller flash unit via the integrated sensor for remote use. The flash unit in the camera can function as a master or controller flash unit depending on camera type. Further information regarding settings on the master or controller flash unit can be found in the respective operating instructions.
- Cobra Design
- The mecablitz 44 AF-1S utilizes Metz' modernistic upright Cobra design, which also reduces red eye effect.
Metz mecablitz 44 AF-1S Specifications
- Flash Output Guide Number
- GN 44 (m) / GN 144 (ft) (ISO 100/21°C) and 105mm focal length
GN 32 (m) / GN 105 (ft) (ISO 100/21°C) and 50mm focal length
- Power Sources
- Four AA batteries: alkaline or lithium
Four AA rechargeable batteries: NiMH or NiCad
- Recycle Time (at Full Light Output)
- Approx. 3 - 4 seconds
- Number of Flashes (at Full Light Output)
- Approx. 220 with high-performance alkali-magnesium batteries
Approx. 270 with 2100 mAh NiMH batteries
Approx. 450 with lithium batteries
- Manual Partial Light Output Levels
- P1/1, P1/2, P1/8, P1/64
- Color Temperature
- Approx. 5600° K
- Light Coverage
- Main reflector from 24mm (35mm format)
Main reflector with wide-angle diffuser from 12mm (35mm format)
- Reflector Swivelling Ranges and Locking Positions
- Vertical: 90°, 75°, 60°, 45°
counter-clockwise 60° 90° 120° 150° 180°
clockwise 60° 90° 120°
- Approx. 15.0 oz. (425 g) with batteries
- Dimensions(W x H x D)
- Approx. 2.9" x 5.0" x 4.1" (73 x 128 x 105mm)