Metz mecablitz 45 CL-1 Flash Unit
Get Metz 45 CL-1 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized Internet etailer for Metz
and Many Other Fine Brands!
Intended for the owners of non-AF and SLR cameras, the Metz mecablitz 45 CL-1 is the entry-level model of the Metz handheld flashgun family for powerful flash lighting. The 45 CL-1 offers high light output and simple handling. Five tele-computer apertures are available. The mecablitz 45 CL-1 offers a guide number of 149 (ft) at ISO 100/21°C and 35mm focal length. The vertical and horizontal tilt and swivel capability of the 45 CL-1's reflector can be exploited for bounce flash. All settings of the logically structured menu controls can be made directly on the unit, with an extended lock function to prevent accidental adjustments of fixed settings.
Metz mecablitz 45 CL-1 Flash Key Features
- Included Accessories:
- NiMH Battery Cluster
- International Charger
- Wide-Angle Attachment
- Sync. Cord
- Camera Bracket
- Guide Number 149 (ft) / 45 (m)
- Guide Number 149 (ft) / Guide Number 45 (m) at ISO 100 at 21°C and 35mm focal length.
- Universal, Swivelling Quadrolight Reflector for Bounced Flash With Automatic Exposure Control
- The zoom reflector can be swivelled vertically into six locking positions for bounce flashes: 15°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75° and 90°. The zoom reflector can be swivelled horizontally. Horizontal locking positions include: 90° and 180° in both clockwise and counterclockwise directions. The 45 CL-1 provides the soft diffused light of bounced flash without having to forgo the benefits of automatic exposure control. Bounced flash is also available in manual mode.
- Automatic Flash Mode
- In the automatic flash mode the photosensor measures the light reflected from the subject. The flash is cut off as soon as sufficient light has been emitted for correct exposure. In this manner there is no need to calculate and set a new aperture when the distance is changed, provided that the subject remains within the indicated automatic flash range. The photosensor has a measuring angle of approx. 25°, and it only measures the actual amount of light emitted by the flashgun. Five working apertures are available in the automatic flash mode.
- Auto-Check Display
- The auto-check signal o.k. lights up only when the frame will be, or was, correctly exposed in auto mode. In this manner it is possible to manually fire a test flash while in auto mode so that the correct aperture can be established beforehand. This is particularly valuable with bounced (indirect)flash when reflection conditions are difficult to judge.
- Included Wide-Angle Diffusor
- The wide-angle diffusor widens the horizontal lighting angle from 62° to 65°, and the vertical lighting angle from 42° to 60°. The wide-angle diffusor is intended for use with focal lengths of less than 35mm (35mm format).
- Five Telecomputer Automatic Apertures
- Automatic exposure control with a selection of 5 working apertures help easily resolve the problems associated with depth-of-field and offer greater creative scope. Avaialable apertures at ISO 100/21°C include f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8 and f/11.
- Power-Saving Thyristor Light Output Control
- Power-saving thyristor light output control, particularly in the close-up range, for shorter recycle times and a higher number of flashes from each battery charge.
- Fill-in Flash Control
- The mecablitz can also be used for fill-in flash in daylight to soften harsh shadows and diminish the contrast, thereby producing a more balanced exposure when shooting against the light (contre-jour). Various possibilities are open to the user for fill-in flash, including TTL and automatic modes.
- Convenient Calculator Dial For All Settings
- Manual Mode
Metz mecablitz 45 CL-1 Specifications
- Flash Output Guide Number
- GN 45 (m) / GN 148 (ft) (ISO 100/21°C) and 35mm focal length
- Power Sources
- AA batteries: Alkaline or NiMH or NiCad rechargeable; optional External Power Pack P50
- Recycle Time (at Full Light Output)
- approx. 0.3 - 13 seconds with Alkaline batteries
0.3 - 7 seconds with NiCad batteries
0.3 - 2.5 seconds with Power Pack P50
- Number of Flashes
- 140* - 3600 Alkaline, 50* - 2000 NiCad
- Tilt Reflector Range
- Vertical: 15°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
Horizontal: -180°, -90°, 90°
- Color Temperature
- 5600° K
- Zoom Range
- 35 mm, included wide angle Diffuser for 28mm
- Flash Duration
- approx. 1/300 - 1/20,000 second in Auto mode
approx. 1/300 second in Manual mode at full light output
- 2.4 lbs. (with batteries)
- Dimensions(W x H x D)
- 3.62" x 9.72" x 4.02"