Olympus TG-320 Digital Camera
Also available in Blue.
Get Red Olympus TG-320 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized Internet etailer for Olympus
and Many Other Fine Brands!
Olympus is known for its robust line of ruggedized digital cameras. The Olympus TG-320 waterproof, shockproof and freezeproof camera builds on the Tough series' reputation of delivering amazing images while enduring extreme expeditions and everyday adventures, including life with kids. The TG-320 Tough camera is waterproof to 10 feet, shockproof to 5 feet and freezeproof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit, to deliver amazing images even when you take it to extremes. Beyond its durable exterior, the TG-320 delivers superior image quality thanks to 14 megapixels, high-definition (HD) video, a 3.6x wide-angle optical zoom lens and dual image stabilization. The camera come in blue and red to complement your own individual style.
Whether at the local pool, a tropical reef or the ski slopes, people want a camera tough enough for life's thrills. The TG-320 Tough camera comes packed with a variety of new features that deliver a worry-free use, anytime, anywhere. HD Movie and HDMI Control delivers a broadcast-quality movie experience when played back on a high-definition television (HDTV). 3D Photo Mode captures two shots of a scene from two different angles to create still photos that can be viewed with the added excitement and realism of 3D. Eye-Fi Card Compatibility allows automatic wireless uploading of images to the website or PC of your choice. New Magic Filters make it possible to create special artistic effects in still images and/or movies directly in the camera. In-Camera Panorama offers quick and easy panorama shots. AF Tracking tracks a moving subject automatically and keeps it in focus for optimal image quality.
Olympus TG-320 Key Features
- Olympus TG-320 Digital Camera Supplied Accessories:
- LI-42B Li-ion Rechargeable Battery
- F-2AC In-Camera Battery Charger
- USB Cable
- Audio/Video Cable
- Wrist Strap
- Instruction Manual
- OLYMPUS [ib] software CD
- Warranty Card
- Waterproof to 10 Feet
- The TG-320 performs as well underwater as it does on land because its lightweight, stainless steel and aluminum exterior is matched with interior rubber gaskets and O-rings to seal out the elements. It can be fully submerged to capture beautiful images down to 10 feet (3 meters) underwater, making it ideal for serious underwater adventurers. The TG-320 can also capture HD movies with audio even under water -- perfect for schools of fish or kids jumping into the water. The camera features a water-repellent lens coating to prevent water droplets from forming on the lens, enabling you to get crystal-clear shots no matter how wet the shooting environment. The inclusion of a preset underwater scene mode makes the TG-320 perfect for taking photos while snorkeling or simply having worry-free fun in the pool.
- Shock Proof from 5 Feet
- Accidents happen -- but don't worry. The TG-320 is designed to withstand a 5-foot drop, bump or other mishap. Built with durable materials and shock-absorption technology that minimizes the impact delivered to the lens and circuitry when dropped, the TG-320 offers superior durability in a point-and-shoot digital camera.
- Freezeproof to 14 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Harsh winter weather doesn't stop outdoor enthusiasts, athletes and sports fans. Don't let it stop you from capturing memorable moments. Perfect for skiing, snowboarding, sledding and other winter fun, the TG-320 is winterized to perform at temperatures even below freezing (14°F / -10°C).
- Tap Control
- Designed-to-be-Digital Optics - 3.6x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom, 14.4x Total Seamless Zoom
- Olympus photos are known worldwide for sharp, vibrant image quality. This is achieved through a number of key technologies, such as Olympus' high-refractive-index aspherical lens elements, designed specifically for digital cameras. The TG-320 features a 3.6x wide optical zoom (28-102mm equivalent in 35mm photography, f3.5-5.1) so that even more of the subject makes it into each shot -- perfect for underwater photography. The lens does not protrude from its body so it is further protected from harsh conditions. The 3.6x optical zoom combines with 4x digital zoom to deliver 14.4x total seamless zoom power.
- 3D Photo Mode
- Now you can add even more dimension to your photographs by shooting dynamic 3D photos in any mode from macro to landscape, and even under water. Recreate a sense of depth like that of the original scene. Catch a shot of your friends jumping into the water and view it in 3D. Simply select the 3D Photo Mode on your TG-320, release the shutter for your first shot, and slowly pan until the camera automatically takes a second image from a slightly different perspective. The 3D data is processed in-camera resulting in an .MPO file, the universal industry 3D format for easy display on 3D televisions or laptops.
- Eye-Fi Card Compatibility
- Ready to upload and share images of your adventures live, as they happen? The TG-320 is compatible with Eye-Fi SD cards (sold separately) adding Wi-Fi capability to the camera, enabling you to automatically upload images to your computer as you take them. Share your pictures of sandcastles right from the beach by uploading your shots immediately.
- One-Touch 720p HD Movie and HDMI Control
- The TG-320 shoots gorgeous 720p HD videos, so you'll never miss the chance to capture the scene. Activating HD recording is incredibly easy with a dedicated one-touch button, and playback is also a breeze. Now, you'll be the hit of the party or any family function when you proudly display your brilliant images and videos on high-definition televisions. Simply connect the camera to an HDTV with an HDMI™ cable, which can be purchased separately at any consumer electronics store. With HDMI Control, you can use your HDTV's remote to control playback functions and navigate the camera's menus from the comfort of your favorite couch. With One-Touch HD Movie you can record widescreen, crystal clear HD movies (720p) right from your camera.
- 2.7" 23,000-Pixel LCD
- Composing your shot has never been easier. With a generous 2.7-inch LCD display, finding that perfect shot is a breeze. See what you've been missing with smaller displays! This large, crisp LCD is the perfect creative companion for reviewing your work on the fly and boasting your creativity to others.
- 14 Megapixel CCD (Effective)
- The 14-megapixel CCD image sensor inside the TG-320 delivers high-quality images that are consistently sharp and vivid even in large-format prints -- up to poster sizes as large as 16 x 20 inches.
- Dual Image Stabilization
- In the cold climates where the Olympus TG-320 thrives, you may shiver, but the camera performs sure and steady even in shaking hands. Dual Image Stabilization is an advanced combination of mechanical CCD-shift Image Stabilization and Digital Image Stabilization. CCD-shift Image Stabilization uses built-in electro-gyro sensors to record camera movement and adjust the CCD image sensor. This ensures that light remains centered on the image sensor to maintain image clarity despite a slight movement on the part of the photographer. Digital Image Stabilization Mode boosts ISO sensitivity and shutter speed so that images remain crisp and clear -- free from the blur caused by moving subjects. The combination of the two Image Stabilization Technologies ensures the best image clarity in virtually any shooting environment.
- AF Tracking
- AF Tracking technology locks your subject in focus, and continuously adjusts focus and brightness whether you or your subject are moving. This mode can remember the subject if it moves out of the frame. This enables you to keep fast-moving and unpredictable subjects like small children in focus for the perfect shot. There are even two newly designed "Pet Modes" for animal lovers, offering the ability to recognize the faces of a variety of breeds of both cats and dogs.
- Face Detection Auto Focus and Auto Exposure
- Face Detection Technology tracks faces within the frame and automatically focuses (Face Detection AF) and optimizes exposure (Face Detection AE) for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures. Even if your subjects are moving, the camera continuously tracks your subjects' faces without having to press the shutter button. The TG-320 can detect up to 12 faces within the frame and automatically focus and optimize exposure.
- 31 Selectable Shooting Modes Including 17 Scene Preset Modes and 8 Creative Art Filters
- With 17 pre-programmed scene modes, such as Beach & Snow, Night Scene, Sunset, and Under Water Snapshot, the TG-320 makes it easy to capture beautiful images in a variety of lighting and shooting situations. Get the best result in any situation with advanced options -- landscape, portrait, indoor, sunset and more, including an underwater setting.
- Eight In-Camera Creative Art Filters
- In-camera Creative Features recently debuted on Olympus E-System DSLR (digital single lens reflex) cameras. Similar in-camera Creative Art Filters have been developed for the TG-320. Creative Art Filters enable the user to enhance and customize images as they're being captured. This translates into more fun and flexibility as customization is no longer limited to using expensive and time-consuming computer software. The Creative Art Filters include:
- Pop Art: Enhance and saturate colors to create vivid, high-impact pictures that express the joyful, lighthearted feeling of the Pop Art style of the 1960s
- Pin Hole: Reduce the peripheral brightness of an image as though it were shot through a pin hole, connecting the viewer intimately with the subject at the center
- Fish-Eye: Emulate the wide-angle of a fish-eye lens by taking extremely wide, hemispherical images and magnifying the center of the frame.
- Drawing: Turn your image into a sketch outline for children to color.
- Soft Focus: Creates a soft tone that gives pictures an ethereal, otherworldly atmosphere. It renders pictures as though they were veiled in heavenly light, without obscuring details such as hair or flower petals.
- Punk: Creates a two-tone image with a classic punk rock feel
- Watercolor: Transforms images into frame-worthy art with a finish like that of watercolor paintings
- Sparkle: Adds a twinkle to your photos
- TruePic™ III+ Image Processor
- Olympus developed its exclusive TruePic III+ image processor for the demanding performance of digital SLR (single lens reflex) cameras. Olympus' enhanced TruePic III+ Image Processor produces crystal-clear photos using all the pixel information for each image to deliver superior picture quality with more accurate colors, true-to-life flesh tones and faster processing speeds. TruePic III+ also captures crisp, clear images at high ISO settings, which are traditionally associated with increasing image noise or producing grainy photos.
- 19.5 MB Available Built-in Internal Memory
- You can capture images even when no media card is in the camera.
- SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card Compatible
- The Olympus TG-320 digital compact camera offers SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card capability for up to 64 gigabytes of capacity.
- OLYMPUS [ib] Software
- The TG-320 comes with OLYMPUS [ib] software. The software includes photography workflow, browsing, editing and unique photo organizing functions. You can organize your photos by person with automatic face recognition technology, by location with a Geotagging function or by event. You can easily view photos on an HDTV or on the camera's LCD with the Photo Surfing or Slideshow functions. The name [ib] stands for image bridging, image browsing and image brightening. The software is available for Windows operating systems only.
- Intelligent Auto Mode
- Tired of changing the settings on your camera every time you're shooting something different? The TG-320's Intelligent Auto Mode automatically indentifies what you are shooting (Portrait, Landscape, Night + Portrait, Macro, Sports) and adjusts settings to capture the best quality results depending on the situation. First-time users will enjoy this quick and hassle-free feature, which does the thinking for them and produces incredible images like a pro.
- Beauty Mode
- Beauty mode touches up the appearance of subjects even while the shot is being taken. This feature recognises faces and automatically makes skin on the face and adjacent areas appear smoother, brighter and more youthful. It enables you to soften shadows and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on your subject's face -- all in the camera and as you capture the image. Additionally, subtle edits can be made post-capture using the Beauty Fix mode. Choose Clear Skin to smooth a person's complexion, Dramatic Eye to slightly emphasize the eyes, and Sparkle Eye to brighten and enhance the contrast of the iris and pupils. You can also apply all three edits at once.
- Lithium-Ion Battery Power
- The TG-320 includes the LI-42B Li-Ion battery.
- PictBridge Enabled
- The power of PictBridge™ technology enables your photos to be printed directly from the TG-320 to any PictBridge-enabled printer without using a computer. And the one-touch 'Print' button makes printing a single-step process. Printing and sharing images has never been easier.
- Built-in Multi-Mode Flash
- The TG-320 camera has a built-in flash that offers settings to provide a wide range of options.
- Auto Flash fires automatically in low light or back-light, to help ensure the illumination is appropriate.
- Red-Eye Reduction Flash Mode emits a series of pre-flashes right before the shutter snaps, allowing the subject's eyes to adjust to the light level of the flash -- reducing the red-eye effect.
- Fill-In Flash Mode (forced on) adds light to eliminate shadows, for a more natural look in photos when your subject is in both bright light and dark shadow.
- Flash Off Mode is available when flash photography is not permitted or to allow for long exposures for shots like sunsets and night scenes.
- Auto-Connect USB 2.0 High Speed
- Transferring images to the computer has never been easier with the Auto-Connect USB 2.0 that does not require software drivers (for most computers/operating systems) for hassle-free and high-speed image downloads.
- Digital ESP Multi-Pattern and Spot Metering
- Multi-Point Metering enables up to 8 separate points in the image area to be averaged for proper exposures in the most difficult lighting conditions.
Olympus TG-320 Specifications
- Shockproof: 5ft / 1.5m equivalent to MIL Standard (Olympus test conditions)
Waterproof: 10ft / 3m according to IEC standard publication 529 IPX8
Freezeproof: 14°F / -10° C according to Olympus test conditions
- CCD Imager:
- 14.0 megapixel effective, 14.5 megapixel total 1/2.3" (1.1cm) CCD
- Lens 5.0 - 18.2mm (28 - 102mm equivalent in 35mm photography), 10 lenses in 8 groups, 4 aspherical elements, 2 ED glass elements
- Seamless to 14.4x (3.6x optical and 4x digital combined)
- Aperture Range:
- f3.5 - f5.0 (W) / f5.1 - f7.1 (T)
- 2.7" (6.9 cm) with approx. 230,000 pixels, ±2 Steps Brightness Adjustment
- Focusing System:
- CDD Contrast detection
- Focusing Ranges:
- Normal mode: 19.7" - infinity (0.5m - infinity)
Macro mode Wide: 3.9" - infinity (0.1m - infinity)
Macro Mode Tele: 11.8" - infinity (0.3m - infinity)
Super Macro mode: 0.8" - 19.7" (2cm - 50cm), flash off
- Focus Modes:
- iESP Auto, Spot AF, Face Detection AF, AF Tracking
- Shutter Speeds:
- 1/2000 sec. - 1/4 sec. (up to 4 sec. in Night Scene Mode)
- ISO Auto, High Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 (equivalent)
- Metering Mode:
- Digital ESP Multi-Pattern, Spot metering
- Exposure Compensation:
- ±2 EV steps in 1/3 EV steps
- White Balance System:
- Auto, Pre-set (Daylight, Overcast, Tungsten, Fluorescent1 and Underwater)
- Motion Blur Suppression:
- Dual Image Stabilization
- Image File Formats:
- Still Image: JPEG
- Adjustable Resolutions:
- 14MP (4,288 x 3216)
8MP (3,264 x 2,448)
5MP (2,560 x 1,920)
3MP (2,048 x 1,536)
2MP (1,600 x 1,200)
VGA (640 x 480)
16:9 L (4,288 x 2,416)
16:9 S (1,920 x 1,080)
- Shooting Modes:
- 31 Shooting Modes: Intelligent Auto, Program Auto, Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization, Panorama, 8 Magic Filters (Pop Art, Pinhole, Fisheye, Drawing, Soft Focus, Punk, Sparkle, Watercolor), 17 Scene Modes (Portrait, Beauty, Landscape, Night Scene, Night & Portrait, Sport, Indoor, Candle, Self-Portrait, Sunset, Fireworks, Cuisine, Documents, Beach & Snow, Pet (Dog), Pet (Cat), Under Water Snapshot), 3D Photo, Movie
- In-Camera Panorama, PC Panorama (Up to 10 frames automatically stitchable with ib software)
- Continuous Shooting
- High speed: 3.0 frames per second / 200 images (5MP)
Normal speed: 0.6 frames per second / 200 images (14MP)
- Movie Mode:
- 720p (1280 x 720), VGA (640 x 480), QVGA (320 x 240)
- Image Processing:
- TruePic™ III+ Image Processor
- Noise Reduction:
- Set automatically at shutter speeds of 0.5 second or longer in specific scene modes (Night Scene, Night + Portrait, Candle, Sunset, Fireworks)
- Image Playback:
- Still Image: Single, Index Display (4x3, 6x5)), Event, Up to 10x Enlargement, Slideshow, Photo Surfing, Rotation, Protection, Histogram
Movie: Normal, Fast-Forward, Reverse, Frame-by-Frame, Voice Playback
- Playback Edit Effects:
- Still Image: Beauty Fix, Resize, Saturation, Cropping, Red-eye reduction, Shadow Adjustment
- Built-in flash
- Flash Modes:
- Auto for low and backlight, Red-Eye Reduction, Fill-In, Off
- Flash Working Range:
- Wide: 0.66 ft (0.2 m) - 14.1 ft. (4.3 m) at ISO 800
Tele: 0.98 ft (0.3 m) - 9.2 ft. (2.8 m) at ISO 800
- 12 / 2 seconds / Pet auto-shutter
- 19.5 MB internal memory
- Removable Media Card:
- SD / SDHC / SDXC Card
- Outer Connectors:
- Multi-terminal (USB connecter, Audio/Video output), HDMI Type D
- Auto-Connect USB:
- 2.0 Full Speed (USB mass storage)
- Power Supply:
- Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (LI-42B); F-2AC Adapter
- 3.8" W x 2.5" H x 0.9" D (96.3mm x 63.4mm x 22.7mm)
- 5.5 oz. (155g) including battery and media Card