Panasonic KX-TGA740B DECT 6.0 Cordless Handset
Get Panasonic KX-TGA740B Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Panasonic
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
The KX-TGA740B is an optional add-on handset for Panasonic KX-TG6400 and KX-TG7400 Series DECT 6.0 Multi-Handset Cordless Phone Systems and will only work with one of these systems.
The Panasonic KX-TGA740B DECT 6.0 cordless handset offers the benefits of DECT 6.0 technology that allows for minimized electrical interference with other home electronics. Hallmarks of the KX-TGA740B include sleek and ergonomic design, easy-to-read display and handset speakerphones to enhance portability for today's busy families. Call Waiting Caller ID displays the Caller ID information of a second caller, even if the user is currently on another call (subscription to phone provider Caller ID services required). Talking Caller ID uses true Text-to-Speech software to phonetically speak the names received by the Caller ID feature, as well as display the caller's name and number on the phone's LCD display.
Panasonic KX-TGA740B Key Features
- DECT 6.0 (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) Technology
- DECT 6.0, Panasonic's latest Digital Enhanced Cordless Communications technology, lets you move freely around your home with long range and amazingly clear sound. It also assures greater protection against eavesdropping for all your calls. Operating in the 1.9GHz frequency range, your phone will not conflict with other wireless devices such as computer routers, wireless keyboards, microwave ovens and other common household devices.
- Wireless Network Friendly
- DECT 6.0 Technology will not interfere with wireless computer networks using 900MHz or 2.4GHz technology.
- Plug-and-Play Installation
- Give your home or home office the features of a sophisticated telephone system without the high price tag. Panasonic DECT 6.0 multi-handset cordless phones operate via cordless transmissions, so no expensive (and messy) wiring or installation is required.
- Call Waiting Caller ID*
- Displays the name and number of incoming callers* on the handset's LCD, even if you're on another call.
- Talking Caller ID*
- Now you don't have to be holding the phone to see who's calling; the caller ID information is announced in between rings! Panasonic's cordless models are the only telephones to use true Text-to-Speech software to phonetically speak the names received by the Caller ID feature, as well as display the caller's name and number on the phone's LCD display.
- Talking Alarm Clock and Talking Battery Alert on Handset
- The phone also boasts an alarm clock that speaks to you, as in "It's time for lunch." And the phone politely tells you when your battery is low with a "Please charge phone" reminder. The alarm can also be programmed to use a tone or melody, if desired.
- 50-Station Caller ID* Memory and Dialer
- This caller ID feature also stores up to 50 names with direct callback capability.
- 2.1-inch Full Dot Monochrome Backlit LCD on Handset
- 2.1-inch, crystal clear white backlit LCD shows Call Status, Programming Options, Directory Items, and if you subscribe, up to 3 lines of Caller ID information, so there's no need for scrolling. Backlighting greatly aids visibility especially in low light areas.
- Large Text Display Mode (Multi Items / Single Item)
- Available when browsing the function menu, the phonebook, the caller list, the redial list, the message list (TAM model) and the call block list.
- Silent Mode
- Now you can program each handset to ring or not at your discretion. For example, before you go to sleep, set the bedside handset to Silent Mode so that it won't ring for the duration of your slumber. In the meantime, the handset in another room is unaffected, and rings as usual.
- Digital Handset Speakerphone
- A speakerphone is located on the back of each handset, offering convenient, hands-free operation even away from the base.
- Headset Jack and Belt Clip Included
- Connect an optional headset to the standard 2.5mm jack for hands-free conversations. You can even hang the handset on your belt or pocket using the included belt clip.
- 50-Station Phone Directory and Dialer
- Store up to 100 frequently called numbers (16 char/ 32 digits each) in an alphabetical directory.
- Phone Directory Sharing
- Share the names and phone numbers programmed with any handset in the system.
- Four-Way Conferencing
- You can conference in up to three handsets with the outside line to have a four-way conversation.
- Two-Way Intercom/Handset Locator
- You can call any other extension in the system from any handset. A handset locator button is also included on the base unit.
- Voice Scramble (Digital Security)
- Selectable Handset Ringtones (3 Tones, 4 Melodies)
- Talk, Speakerphone and Ringer Volume Control on Handset
- Talk Volume: 3-Step
Speakerphone Volume: 6-Step
Ringer Volume (3-Step + Off)
- Hold/Soft Key/Mute/Flash Buttons on Handset
- 5-Station Redial Memory on Handset
- Navigator Key
- Provides easy access to the Caller ID memory and phone directory/dialer. You can control handset volume, ringer loudness and more.
- 60 Channels
- Rechargeable Ni-MH Batteries (AAA x 2)
- Any Key Answer
- Phone Company Voice Mail Compatible (FSK and Stutter Dial Tone Compatible)
- With compatible base unit.
- Lighted Handset Keypad
- Barge In
- Low Battery Indicator
- Out of Range Indicator
- Phone Lines
- Battery Life
- Talk: 5 hours
Standby: 11 days
- Charge Time
- 7 hours
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- Handset: 6.3 x 1.9 x 1.3 inches
Charger: 2.0 x 3.0 x 3.4 inches
- Handset: 4.6 oz. with batteries
Charger: 2.1 oz.