Philips Portable Mini Cassette Recorders
Shop Philips Mini Cassette Transcriber and Recorders Online
Feature Comparison Chart for Philips Portable Mini Cassette Recorders
Click on model number in the chart below to see photo and features.
Click on any underlined feature on this chart for a more detailed explanation.
Philips Portable Mini Cassette Recorders Feature Explanations:
- 1 - Portable Mini Cassette Recorder
- Mini Cassettes are the only media designed specially for the constant stop/start demands of dictation, giving you greater lifelong reliability, security and control in a miniature format. Recording begins instantly with your touch or the sound of your voice so there is no word clipping. And because Mini Cassettes have no "pinch wheel" (unlike other cassettes) there is no risk of tape tangle or distortion.
- 2 - Voice-Activated Recording
- When voice-activated recording is enabled, the Pocket Memo is in Record Standby mode; recording will start automatically when the input level exceeds a certain threshold (i.e. usually when you start dictating). Recording stops a few seconds after you stop speaking and restarts automatically when you start speaking again.
- 3 - Turbo Wind
- Get fast access to any part of the tape with Turbo Wind. Fast forward or rewind at 20x playback speed.
- 4 - Four-Position Switch
- The 4-position switch enables easy one-thumb operation. The four positions are Play, Rewind, Fast-Forward and Pause.
- 5 - Rechargeable Batteries Option
- Internal Recharging replenishes batteries during use. Optional rechargeable batteries and power supply required.
- 6 - Internal Mic Sensitivity Switch
- Sensitivity switch with two recording modes: DICT for normal dictation applications, CONF for recording conferences and meetings.
- 7 - Audible Scan
- Monitor fast forward and rewind with Audible Scan. As the tape winds you can hear it played back at speed, helping you to locate a specific piece of dictation.
- 8 - Fast Erase
- Depending where you are on the tape, the fast erase function can be used in either direction: forwards or backwards. The erase function continues until either the beginning of tape is reached or another function is selected.
- 9 - End-of-Letter Index
- When you are finished and do not want to make any further changes to a dictation, End-of-Letter Index marks the current dictation as finished. End-of-Letter Index tones indicate the start of each document and number of recordings.
- 10 - Battery Consumption / Low Battery Indicator
- The Pocket Memo 588's Battery Consumption Indicator lets you monitor available battery power at all times. The Pocket Memo 488 features an LED low battery visual indicator.
- 11 - Audible End-of-Tape and No Cassette Warnings
- Audible End-of-Tape and No Cassette warnings prevent dictation loss.
- 12 - LCD Tape Counter
- LCD Tape Counter shows the elapsed recording time.
- 13 - Priority Index
- The Pocket Memo 588 lets you set a Priority Index tone to mark the current dictation as especially urgent.